80 Questions About the 80s, Answers
This is the answer list I found with the questions, there still may be some
mistakes, and I know there aren't answers to some of the questions. So please
feel free to help me fill them in.
- What was the British equivalent of "We Are The World?"
"Do They Know It's Christmas?" by Band-Aid, founded by Midge Ure and
Bob Geldof. It also occured before "We Are The World"
- Name six members of the Brat Back
- Emilio Estevez
- Judd Nelson
- Ally Sheedy
- Molly Ringwald
- Anthony Michael Hall
- Andrew McCarthy
- Demi Moore
- What Liverpool band popularized the Doors' "People Are Strange?" in the 80's?
Echo and the Bunnymen, from the 1987 movie, "The Lost Boys."
- Who had the trademark saying "Nanoo Nanoo?"
Character: Mork from Ork. Actor: Robin Williams
- What was the original name of Duran Duran?
They were called RAF, short for Royal Air Force. Some people have said
Barbarella, but that was the name of the Jane Fonda movie in which they
got their name from the character, Duran Duran. Some have said Arcadia,
but that was the band formed by Simon, Nick and Roger after D2 broke up.
- What was the name of ET's favorite candy?
It was supposed to be M and M's, but for whatever reason Spielberg was
not able to work out something with them, so ET's favorite candy was
- What did people desperately tried to avoid getting on "Press Your Luck?"
- Name 3 books by Judy Blume or Beverly Cleary
- Are you there God? Its me Margaret
- Then again, maybe I Won't
- Ramona the Pest
- Beezus and Ramona
- Ramona Quimby, age 4
- Who was the leader of the Transformers?
Optimus Prime The Decepticon's leader was Megatron.
- Where did the Superfriends congregate and watch the latest happenings
on a big screen TV?
Hall of Justice
- What group did New Order evolve from?
Joy Division, after singer Ian Curtis killed himself on the night before
they were to embark on their tour of the US. The guitarist and
keyboardist, Barney Sumner became the new lead singer and Gillian Gilbert, whom
JD had previously recruited in a club to play keyboards because Bernard
had cut his hand in a dressing room fight involving bottles, was taken
aboard as keyboardist. Barney Sumner
was in fact born Bernard Dicken, he became Albrecht on stage in mid-1978 as it
was the name of a company he liked and to annoy the band's critics of their
supposed Nazi sympathising tendencies. He changed it to Sumner
(which I think, from memory, was his mother's maiden name) but I think it was
between the release of "Power, Corruption and Lies" in 1983 and "Low-Life" in
- What were the names of Kevin's best friend and girl friend on "The
Paul (friend) & Winnie (girlfriend)
- What was the name of the mechanical bear on Battlestar Galactica?
Muffet 2. and he wasn't a bear, he was an electronic dagget (dog), because
all of the real daggets (including Muffet 1) were killed in the Cylon
invasion of the colonies.
- What commercial was Michael Jackson singing for when his hair caught on
- Who was the 4th child on "Growing Pains?"
- Name 3 Strawberry Shortcake characters (besides Strawberry Shortcake)
- Huckleberry Pie
- Raspberry Tart
- Lemon Merengue
- Purple Pie Man (her nemesis)
- Blueberry Muffin
- What, according to GI Joe, was "Half the battle"?
Knowing is half the battle
- What was the name of the Bjork-fronted 80's band?
- Who lamented about "No chocolate-covered candy hearts to give away and
no wedding Saturday within the month of June"?
- What famous Wham! frontman went on to record a multiplatinum record in 1987?
George Michael. His album, "Faith"
- What was Dustin Hoffman's character's name in "Rain Man?"
- Name all five New Kids On The Block.
- What was the name of the show that featured Larry Appleton and his zany
- Who played Sarah Connor in 1984's "Terminator"?
- Name 8 Muppets from "The Muppet Show".
- Miss Piggy
- The Swedish Chef
- Lou Zealand
- Waldor and Statler
- Dr. Teeth
- Sam the Eagle
- Who was the actress that played Ferris Bueller's sister? Hint: Patrick
Swayze showed her "the time of her life" in a movie a couple years later.
- Who was the original singer of Los Lobos' 1987 hit "La Bamba"?
Ritchie Valens. From the movie of his life in the summer of '87
- What was the name of the once Morrissey-fronted band in the 80's?
- Who was the actress that made waves in 1984's "Splash"?
- Who was the lead actress in the famous bomb "Grease 2"?
A young Michelle Pfiffer
- What craft toy involved cutting plastic figures, coloring them in, and
then baking them in the oven?
- Name 3 glam rock bands of the 80's.
I'm not even going to try and list all the groups that could fit here.
- What planet was Spock brought back to life on?
Genesis, his "Katra" was restored into his head by a Vulcan priestess on
- Name 3 of the actors from "The Goonies"
- Cory Feldman was Mouth
- Sean Astin was Mikey
- Key Hu Quan as Data
- Martha Plimpton
- What was the famous line uttered by an old woman in Wendy's ads?
"Where's The Beef?" Later became a political joke in the year of '84.
the late Clara Peller.
- Name the four ghosts from Pac-Man.
- What were the names of the Saturday morning cartoon critters who lived
in air-vents and befriended a boy who kept their secret hidden?
- Name Eddie Murphy's skit about vocabulary on Saturday Night Live.
"Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood".
- What was the name of Michael Knight's car?....now, what was the name of
K.I.T.T., Knight Industries Two Thousand.
His boss was Devon Miles.
- What actor mouthed the line "Whatch you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
Gary Coleman of "Different Strokes."
- Who played Axel Foley's best friend in Detroit?
- What was the name of the funky van Scooby Doo and friends rode in?
The Mystery Machine.
- To what does the obscure song "Turning Japanese" refer?
It is about masturbation.
- Which red-head won Star Search and then went on a shopping mall singing
tour that took America by storm in 1987 and 1988?
- Which band had members Robert palmer, Andy and John Taylor, and Tony
The one-album project band, The Power Station.
- What were the names of all five Huxtable kids on "The Cosby Show?"
- What were the names of the four Golden Girls?
- Sophia Petrillo
- What was the claymation Domino's Pizza thing to avoid?
- What oldies song was revived by the movie about a certain principal
named Joe Clark?
Lean On Me, but Club Nouveau went to number one with their version a
year before with Lou Rawl's number one classic was revived.
- What was the name of Ripley's ship in Aliens? (not Alien or Alien3)
SULACO was the Marines Cruiser she was on, NARCISSUS which was the shuttle
that Ripley used to escape from the NOSTROMO from the first movie.
- What TV actress co-starred in 1986's "Howard The Duck"?
- Name 5 movies made by John Hughes in the 1980's.
Courtesy of Greg Preece
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
- Uncle Buck (1989)
- Great Outdoors, The (1988)
- She's Having a Baby (1988)
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)
- Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
- Pretty in Pink (1986)
- Weird Science (1985)
- National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985)
- Breakfast Club, The (1985)
- Sixteen Candles (1984)
- Mr. Mom (1983)
- National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)
- Nate and Hayes (1983)
- National Lampoon's Class Reunion (1982)
- What was the first video played on MTV?
Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles, on August 1, 1981
- What was the name of Garfield's teddy bear?
- What was the name of the bartender on "The Love Boat"?
- Who was the head villian on "The Smurfs" and what was his cat's name?
Gargamel and Azreal
- What was the name of the guy who couldn't enunciate on "The Fat Albert
- What was the name of the hollow hole-covered plastic ball kids used to
hit instead of a baseball?
- What was the name of the singer who died in Robotech's first generation?
Min-meiI'm told this is wrong, anyone know for sure?
- What was the name of Bo and Luke Duke's automobile?
- Name 2 of the original 5 MTV VeeJays
- Matha Quinn
- J.J Jackson
- Alan Hunter
- Nina Blackwood
- Mark Goodman
- What German siren sang "99 Luftballons" (known in the US as "99 Red
- Name the 4th original member of Depeche Mode who left the band, formed
Yaz, and then went on form a more-lasting group.
Vince Clarke. Who after Yaz broke up, went to form The Assembly,
which was supposed to have a new guest each time (sort of like the
founder of the group The The) The Assembly only had
one minor hit titled "Never Never" which starred Fergal Sharkey.
Vince Clarke then formed Erasure.
- What group sang "Come On Eileen"?
Dexy's Midnight Runners.
- What speed did Marty have to reach in order to activate the flux
capacitor? (once you remember the movie, this should be easy)
88 miles an hour
- Name the two mega-popular bands which got their start on college-radio
in Athens, Georgia?
REM and the B-52s.
- What was the name of the heroic boy in "The Never Ending Story?
Atreyu was the name of the warrior boy who helped fight the
nothing on Fantasia, the world of mankinds hopes and dreams, Bastian is the name of the earth boy
reading the story that has to give the empress a new name.
- So, who shot JR?
J.R. Ewing was shot by Kristin Sheppard (Sue Ellen's sister). Bobby Ewing's
death (at the hands of Katherine Wentworth) was all a dream.
- What kind of sword did Thundar the Barbarian have?
A Sun Sword!! Ukla! Arial! Riiiide!
- What was the name of He-Man's magician sidekick?
- What band sang the theme song to "The Breakfast Club?"
Simple Minds "Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Name the 4 girls from the "Facts of Life" and their chaperone.
Edna Garret was the chaperone.
- What gothic rock group did Tones on Tail become?
Well, beforehand, I believe a couple of them were in Bauhaus. Later,
they formed Love and Rockets (based on the very good underground
comics magazine from Canada)
- What were the names of the host and his sidekick on "Fantasy Island"?
Mr. Rourke and Tattoo.
- Name Buck Rodgers' pal
- What was the movie that starred the little furry creatures from "Return
of the Jedi"?
"Escape from Endor"
- What was Tom Cruise's call sign in the movie "Top Gun"?
Maverick. Val Kilmer was Iceman.
- Who got his 100-meter dash gold medal stripped away due to his steroid
use in the 1988 Olympics?
- Who sang "Shattered Dreams" in 1987?
Johnny Hates Jazz. Went to number two, dropped down, then rose back
to number two. Then they disappeared.
- Who played Ming of Mongo in "Flash Gordon"?
Max Von Sydow
- What were Club Nouveu originally known as?
- What Nena's very minor hit follow up?
- The Assembly starred Fergal Sharkey, he was once the lead singer of what band?
- What solo hit did Fergal Sharkey have a couple years later?
- Dallas Questions
- How did Kristyn die?
- Who Shot Bobby?
- What role did Barbara Carrera play in the "dream season"?
- Did Sue Ellen ever kick the alcohol habit?
- How many miscarriages did Pamela Ewing have?
- What famous movie actor (actual name and his role) did Sue Ellen
have an affair with one season?
- How many times did J.R.'s cousin, Jamie Ewing come close to death
- What was Jamie Ewing actress' name and what 70s/80s comedy was she
in (she was the big clutz in that show)?
- How many times did the character, Lucy, leave the show, and how
many times did she marry Mitch?
- What famous rock star is the leader of Simple Minds married to?
- Name the origianl "Facts of Life" girls, And who was their new
chaperone in their final season?
Cloris Leachman was the actress who played the "chaperone." The first
season, of course, included Molly Ringwald.
- Blair Warner
- Dorothy "Tootie" Ramsey
- Natalie Green
- Sue Ann Weaver
- Nancy (no last name)
- Cindy Baker
The Official amIright
Misheard Lyrics Book