You're an eighties child if ...
- You had a crush on one of the New Kids on the Block members.
- You wanted to be on StarSearch.
- You ever uttered the word "Radical!"
- You wore jelly shoes and jelly bracelets
- You thought "Ghostbusters" was by far the coolest movie
- You remember watching shows like "Punky Brewster" , "Webster", "You Can't Do
That On Television" , "Wild&Crazy
Kids" and "Double Dare"
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off.
Or even when he had those freaky eyes in
"Thriller" at the end of the video.
- You wore a banana clip in your hair or one of those slap on wrist bands at
some point during your youth.
- You rolled up the bottoms of your splatter painted jeans.
- You wore loafers with everything, and you put the laces in those little
- You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.
- You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.
- You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."
- You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."
- You can name half of the members of the elite "Brat Pack."
- You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless
- You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.
- You yearned to be a member of The Babysitters Club, and tried to start a
club of your own.
- You sat on your back porch, playing with your "My Little Pony" , "Rainbow
Brite" , and "Strawberry Shortcake" dolls
- You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."
- You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."
- You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
- You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
- You know what "sike" and "not!" mean
- You fell victim to 80's fashion : big hair, crimped, combed over to the
side, big hoop earrings, and possibly the worst:you wore
- You wanted to be a Goonie, or Elliot from E.T.
- You owned an extensive collection of Cabbage Patch Kids and trolls.
- You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."
- You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
- You ever wore flourescent -neon if you will clothing....
- You could breakdance, or wished you could.
- You know who He-Man and She-Ra are.
- You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
- You know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby".
- You remember MC hammer well.
- You can still sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Belair".
- You own any cassettes.
- You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the
- You remember and/or own any of the CareBear Glass collection from PizzaHut.
- Pizza Hut was the coolest place to hang.
- Poltergeist freaked you out.
- You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an E.T. lunchbox.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
- You wanted to communicate with some being named Cinergy, or you wanted
green hair like that lead singer of the Misfits.
- You totally LOVED Barbie's cooler, punkier counterpart, "Jem" and her
- You wanted to have an alien like Alf living in your house.
- You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
- You wore tights under shorts and felt stylish.
- You layered your multi-colored slouch socks, and added suspenders to make
your outfit complete.
- You ever had a Swatch Watch.
- You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare.
- You had a crush on one of the Coreys
- You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
- You had WonderWoman or Superman underwear.
- You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.
- You believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power"
- You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
- Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You ever owned or wanted any of the NKOTB action figures or dolls.
- You remember when Deborah Gibson was "Debbie" Gibson.
If you can identify with at least half of his list then you, my friend, are a
"Child of the 80's." Send this to anyone that would appreciate
going back to this wonderful decade. Was that a great time or what?????
Also check out:
The Official amIright
Misheard Lyrics Book